Hello to all our loyal customers and supporters!
We are excited to announce that the main season at the Floyd Farmers Market is now open! Starting this week, we will be open on Thursdays from 4 pm to 7 pm and Saturdays from 9 am to 1 pm.
Our market is proud to provide the community with locally-grown, fresh produce and artisanal products. This year, we are excited to welcome back some of our favorite vendors as well as introduce some new faces to the market.
You can expect to find a wide variety of fruits and vegetables, honey, homemade baked goods, handmade crafts, and much more at the market. We believe that shopping locally is the best way to get fresh, high-quality, and unique products.
We encourage you to come out and support our local farmers and vendors. Shopping at the Floyd Farmers Market helps to support our local economy and is a great way to meet your neighbors and friends.
We want to remind everyone that we take every necessary precaution to ensure the safety of our customers and vendors. Our team will be monitoring the market to ensure that all vendors are adhering to our safety protocols.
Thank you for your continued support of the Floyd Farmers Market. We look forward to seeing you at the market soon!
Try out recipe with ingredients that you can find at the market!
- 6 cups of mixed greens (lettuce, spinach, arugula)
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced gourds (such as zucchini or cucumber)
- 2 tbsp chopped mixed herbs (such as basil, mint, and parsley)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tbsp bacon fat (reserved from cooking the bacon)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Rinse the mixed greens and dry them with a salad spinner or a clean kitchen towel.
- In a large salad bowl, add the mixed greens, sliced strawberries, sliced hard-boiled eggs, and sliced gourds.
- Add the chopped herbs, salt, and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the reserved bacon fat, apple cider vinegar, and Dijon mustard to make a dressing.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss well to combine.
- Sprinkle the crumbled bacon on top of the salad.
- Serve the salad immediately and enjoy!
This salad is a delicious and filling meal, perfect for lunch or dinner. The addition of bacon adds a smoky and salty flavor that complements the sweetness of the strawberries. The dressing is made with the reserved bacon fat, which gives it an extra boost of flavor. Enjoy!